Tuesday, 13 September 2011

coming on nicely

Things are going well with the baby. I have just over 3 1/2 weeks till my due date now. Turns out I didn't have gestational diabetes after all (a mix up with the lucozade during the test) so I have been enjoying cake once more.

I have loved being pregnant. Bump is getting bigger, moving is getting harder but I love it. Cannot wait to meet baby now.

I have finished now and have started my maternity leave (I have already made 1 batch of cookies).


Final news is that the bump is now famous. It has been in The Yorkshire Evening Post, The York Press and The Wetherby News to publicise a Cancer Research UK fun run. As usual when talking to journalists, the final articles throw up many sentences that you didn't think you actually said.. but it is all in a good cause. I just have to get over the cringe factor.
Still, I still have some principles as after having been tracked down by a freelance journalist who had seen the article and wondered if I would like to take my story back to Pick-Me-Up or other similar magazines. I said no! If there is no cause behind it that needs publicising - I am not interested.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just heard about your daughter, many many congratulations to you both. Anne English

My Guestbook

???? dont ask me how to add youself yet - I havent figured that one out....... but clearly some of you have- so it can't be that hard :)