Feeling yucky :(
Suppose I have come down off my steroid "pick-me-up" now and am just feeling icky, sickly, restless yet completely drained. Generally poo! All I have done all day is try eating to take away the sickly uneasy feeling. Feel quite fed up - hence this little moan (but then I guess it is day 6 again and feeling fed up is becoming a bit of a habit at this point of my cycle - it will pass tomorrow and I will be all up and at it again I am sure). Feeling spaced out when I try to do anything and my body is generally starting to ache down to my bones (which it probably is as my bone marrow tries to deal with the massive cell death going on). So more fun in the chemo household!
This weekend hasn't been too bad really. I managed to even try and do a spot of cooking and baking which has included blueberry jam muffins and celeriac and tomato soup... what a domestic goddess I am!
However, today I have also been to my GP and got myself signed off work on proper long term sick leave :( Feel a bit like I have admitted defeat, but on the other hand part of me feels relieved that I don't have to beat myself up about not being able to cope with work. I will just see how it goes from now on and if I manage anything then bonus! I guess I was probably a bit naive about the extent of fatigue that hits and thought I could carry on through... hmmmmm had to re-think that one slightly. So any ideas for a laid-back, no-energy-required hobby that I can start taking up then let me know.
Monday, 26 February 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Signing off on long term sick is not admitting defeat. You're not wonder woman. Plus, work is only work after all, and it will still be there once your chemo is over. A rested Dawn is a better Dawn! ;)
How's the knitting. Do we get to see some samples? x
Champaign tasting !
Love - U Mike
Ideas...
Trace your family history on the internet,
Save £20/month toward a second honeymoon... and start checking out ideas on where to go/what to do now,
Paint / clay / other arty stuff,
Make jewellery,
Make home-made cards,
Stained glass painting,
Do a web-based, go-at-your-own-pace course,
Start writing a book based on your experiences to help others get through what you're going through...
I can keep the ideas coming if you like (alternatively, if you're sick of my strnage random suggestions then I'll stop!)
SK xx
I can highly recommend counted cross stitch as an addictive (though slightly embarrassing) hobby, hence I'll be remaining anonymous!
Family Tree Research is great fun and highly addictive.
Post a Comment