Time in: 10:30 am
Time out: 1:30 pm
Number of stabbings to find vein: ONE
Yesterdays mood: Perky, did they give me any chemo drugs???
Today's mood: Yup, did they really give me any chemo drugs???
well I never, that was a bit different!
All went ahead with chemo. A few worried looks passed between the nurses when they took my temperature and it was a touch high, but we went ahead as I was feeling fine in myself and had shaken off the infection.
I was hooked up to the drip after a successful piercing of a vein on the first attempt and was left to my own devices as this was just administered through a drip. No head rush for these drugs and I walked out feeling a little fuggy, scatter brain, but generally OK.
Got home, still OK... spent the evening sitting of sofa, watching telly, eating tea, bed at 11pm! not the usual chemo experience, it was great!
I had started taking steroids the day before chemo with this drug to prevent allergic reactions and so I may have had preventative drugs in my system earlier. Also they did think it was less likely to make me feel sick. But after the last few times I still asked for anti-sickness meds just in case. So not even a nauseous feeling passed my way!
However, I am keeping my feet on the ground and know I may have a mega crash brewing to hit me sometime soon. They say the main things on this drug are muscle and joint aches which can hit very hard and leave me immobile. Plus I might get numbness in my fingers and toes which makes doing walking and intricate tasks difficult (Yikes the idea of not being able to type my blog - how will I survive!).
But, you don't know how nice it felt to have an OK chemo experience.
Wednesday, 4 April 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Really pleased for you, fingers crossed all continues to go well! Jo x
glad that it went well yesterday. hope you are still feeling okay dawn. look after yourself and keep counting down.
love marianne X
Glad it's not too bad, let's see this new wig then !! go on, Chris & Angie. Wig sponsors extraordinaire !!!!!!!
Yey! Glad that bit went OK. Hope the other side effects aren't bad for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed. x
Hope your joints and muscles hold out - we'll be needing you on the dance floor next week!
ZS xx
Post a Comment