Up nice and early today (I haven't quite got dressed yet though, but I did send my husband off to work with a packed lunch! Is this the return of the Domestic Goddess to come????)
Feeling very good.
Have a list of tasks to do for the day.
Feeling very positive :D
However, I do think it is a sign of how my life has changed when on Friday evening when James returned from work and asked how my day had gone... I replied that I'd had a very busy, productive day. When I proceeded to tell him what that day had entailed... it began; "well, I got up and got dressed..." Oh, how my life has changed when getting up and getting dressed makes it into your list of achievable tasks.
To be honest, I have been pretty good, if I do say so myself, at keeping a strict 8am-10pm daily routine (to avoid the insomnia that can plague chemo patients). Apart from the weeks after my EC treatments which knocked me out, I have not spent all that many mornings/days lounging around in bed and practically don't see that much daytime telly. I don't know what fills my days, but boy, they seem to be pretty filled (probably because everything is done at half-pace and includes afternoon naps).
Yes, breast cancer and chemo can fill your every moment. However, I would say that Chemo is running along-side our daily lives. Yes, appointments and my daily well-being come first and dictate everything... but we still live pretty damn normal.. eating dinner and watching evening telly, going to town to buy scales and IKEA for bits and peices... going to the vet because the cat has got cystitis set off because there is a new-cat-on-the block and he is a big wuss. That sort of thing.
Wednesday, 9 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Hi Dawn,
Glad that you are feeling so positive. You will have to give me some lessons on the whole domestic goddess thing!
With lots of love
Marianne xx
Thanks for that sweetie, Lots of love, Chris & Angie
Hey,
Good to hear you sounding so upbeat :)
... I bet you any money you came away from IKEA with another bag of tea lights ;)
x
Post a Comment