I think I may have experienced my first migraine over the weekend. It wasn't very nice, so to all you sufferers out there; this patient might be going through chemo but her thoughts go out to you ;D
Obviously this is another of my self-diagnoses having never had one before... and of course, I like to blame everything on chemo so I will be mentioning it to my chemo nurse ;-D
In some ways it was a relief to finally get it over with (i.e go practically blind and puke) because I had just about had enough of getting "visual disturbances" in my eyes since my last chemo and I was pretty bugged by them.
But I tell you, I don't half take puking in my stride now!
So, if anyone who has migraines wants to quote me that having a migraine is worse than an evening after getting a dose of Taxol - then go for it.
Sunday, 13 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
So sorry you've had a bad do Dawn. Hope it was a one-off. Loads of love, Chris & Angie
Sounds nasty. Glad you're feeling better. Hope it ends up being your first and last migraine. Hanx
Hey Dawn,
Full sympathy on the migraine front, having just had a 8-day long headache myself and wondering if it would ever end! I'm still not sure it's really comparable to all of that chemo & associated side-effects however!
So glad to hear that the chemo is going well and that you feeling good and in control.
Take it easy.
ZS XX
Migraines are evil. I'm fortunate in that mine were always relatively minor. Of course the puking and aversion to strong light was never pleasant but I avoided the worst symptoms. Hope that you have no more!
Certainly sounds like a migrane. Your chemo nurse will know better than me, but I don't think Taxol causes migranes... that said, stress can, so, seeing as you're undergoing the stress of chemo, I reckon you are perfectly within your rights to blame the migrane on the Taxol anyway!
SK xx
Hey Dawn,
Sorry to hear about the added migrane misery... I know how you feel as I do get them myself from time to time and they are hideous. :(
Still keeping updated with everything.
Take care
x
P.S I now have a blogger account..hence the name change from dr b.
you have also had to deal with the stress of the cat being ill - Im no scientist but Im sure that could be a contributory factor too!
Cassie (who is threatening to put her cats in a pie as they bought a bird into the kitchen at the weekend, cue major breakdown from me, mascara everywhere, it wasnt pretty)
Post a Comment